1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows xp startup error?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Freezepop4ever, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Freezepop4ever

Freezepop4ever Thread Starter

I recently had my windows xp reformatted because it was totally whacked out and unable to connect to the internet, had something like 9000 virus's or some crap. It has worked all good for about a month and I went to turn it on today and it just sat there. The fan turnt on and it sounded like it was loading for a few seconds then nothing. Itjust sits there showing a completly black screen and stops loading anything. The only thing that seems to be working is my fans. The monitor also acts like its not picking up a signal (like its in idle mode or whatever) Is there anyone who can tell me whats wrong with my computer or how to fix it? thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

Restart the pc in Safemode if possible and choose Last Known Good configuration.

Re start your PC and immediately on startup start tapping F8 about every second before the window screens and you should see a black screen with white writing....use your arrow keys to select Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter

3. rebelmusic

rebelmusic

this could signify that either your graphics card or your ram are messed up

Firstly, just to be sure, make sure all the cables at the back of your pc are plugged in firmly

If that makes no interest then you almost definately have a hardware problem

4. Freezepop4ever

I checked all of the cables and such. The thing is, its not even 'starting up' there is no loading screen for checking memory/other crap that it does at startup. It just turns the fans on and sits there. Thanks for the replys though guys. I'll try smashing f8 but i seriously doubt it'll do anything considering that as far as i can tell nothing is running except the fans. Could this be some kind of a virus?

5. bbearren

bbearren

Give us some specs to work with...

What you're describing could be anything from a dead CMOS battery to a fried motherboard or CPU to a malfunctioning power supply to...

6. Freezepop4ever

Nevermind everyone. I've given up fixing it myself (I'm pretty ****** with computers) so i'm just bringing it to a computer cafe later today, thanks for the help though guys, I really appreciate it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice