1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP Systray Icons

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chalky, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

I have a few icons in my systray that I'd like to stop loading, can anyone help please. Been searching but haven't found anything relevant.

1. A double monitor icon with a big red cross, that when hovered over displays '' Local area connection, a network cable is unplugged ''

2. Volume button.

3. Safely remove hardware button.

Thanks.....:

Windows XP on a IBM R51.

2. colmaca

colmaca

1) click start/control panel
    open network connections,the one with the x on it .right click go properities.untick the icon in notification area box then ok.

2)start/control panel,open sound and autio devices untick place icon in taskbar then ok

3)i not know but try right click the icon and see what options are there

3. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Thanks col, the volume one worked,

The notification box was already unticked on the neighbourhood one, I clicked disable and the icon has gone, thanks.

All I get when I right click the hardware icon is ''safely remove hardware'' it then brings a box up to enable disconnection :( cleaned the tray up nicely now, so I may just have to live with that one, thanks again.

4. colmaca

colmaca

5. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

That's ok, thanks, I'll live with it for a while and get back to it later.

Know anything about routers, I've been used to a desktop running W98 with a broadband connection, after 4 years or so of that, getting used to a laptop and XP all at once is taking some time.

Been at this all week and the goings slow, the wireless connection is a bit technical for me at the moment, there's a lot to learn, I've been searching the site all evening to see if I can find out why I sometimes have a 48.0 Mbps then it suddenly drops to 11 or less, up and down like a yo yo, so many causes it seems, I'm getting more confused by the minute.

Expect I'll get there in the end. :)

Off to bed now, thanks for the help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329799

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice