1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP: Won't open programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kimmycat, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kimmycat

kimmycat Thread Starter

Hey everyone, I'm trying to fix a friend's computer and its got a crazy problem I've never seen before. It won't open a bunch of programs. It will open some but not others. However, almost everything I just installed will open and work fine. Here are some examples of things it will or will not open.

WILL NOT OPEN:
    - MSN Messenger (The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect)
    - Real Player (Real One player has encountered a problem and needs to close)

WILL OPEN:
    - Internet explorer
    - Windows Media
    - AdAware

Its a very odd issue and I've tried re-installing both programs. Its possible others will also not open but I have not encountered them yet.

Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Matt2908

Matt2908

3. kimmycat

kimmycat Thread Starter

Thanks a lot! Worked like a charm.

4. Matt2908

Matt2908

Glad I could help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/717938