Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Windows xp wont recognize sata hard drive

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dustyjay 
#1 ·
Hello and i thank you all for your help in advance. I've found other threads with some solutions to my issue but my computer does not have a floppy drive so i cannot solve this problem via that route.

I have an Asus EEE 1005ha laptop and the hard drive failed. I just bought a new SATA 500gb hard drive and did the physical install, but now when I try to install my original Windows XP service pack 3 re-installation disk and i start running through the installation process, Windows is not letting me select any hard drive to install the operating system on. It says there is no hard drive present. It will eventually prompt me to hit F6 to select drivers so i can property do the install but anything i select from the list is prompting me to insert the re-installation disk into the floppy drive (which i have none), and then i am forced to restart the entire process.

I've read other posts that i would need to get the proper drivers loaded onto a floppy in order to move forward so Windows can see the drive. How do i get around this without a floppy? I tried loading the files I think i needed from the ASUS website onto a flash drive but windows will not recognize this drive when i plug it in. I am fairly knowledgeable with PC's but this is obviously too big a problem for me to get past.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thank you.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you have a Retail (not OEM) copy of windows you could Slipstream the drivers into the installtion disc. You can download nLite here http://www.nliteos.com/download.html the guides for creating the slipstream disc on on the webage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.