1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by matyd, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matyd

matyd Thread Starter

I have a windows xp home edition, 512mb ram, 2.6ghz processor. I don't know if this is the right place for this, and if it is not then I appologize.
    I was wondering if someone could tell me how I would go about installing Desktop Themes (ie. toolbar, trash bin, background, windows, etc. etc.) I know where this stuff goes (c:/windows/resources/themes/) but i don't know how to incorporate it into my desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Regards,
    Matthew

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

Right click your desktop>properties>themes tab>click the theme box dropdown arrow>browse and locate the theme you downloaded and click open.

3. matyd

matyd Thread Starter

I should have included this in my first post but i forgot to.. sorry. How can I manually change the appearance of the boot screen and login screen?
    Matthew

4. EvileYe

EvileYe

Playing with boot screens is not always a good idea !

If you wish to take the chance on changing boot screens, you would be better off using a program called style xp to do it for you.

The link here provides instructions on doing it manually, back up all of your important data first.

http://www.themexp.org/how_install.php

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice