1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WindowsXP and Vista paint programs

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dowlinggram, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dowlinggram

Dowlinggram Thread Starter

My fellow artist has Vista and I have WindowsXP. In his microsoft paint program he can resize drawings or photos to a large size, then print them in 4 parts. Each computer paper has 1/4th of the picture. In my XP program I can't do that it wants to print the whole picture on 1 paper. Is there any way I can get the Vista paint program on my computer or do you know of another program that would let me do the same thing. Preferrably free but I wouldn't mind paying if it wasn't too much

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have some photo program installed? What program opens when you click on one of the pictures?

3. Dowlinggram

I have the paint program that came with the machine Windows XP what I want is the one that was installed on Vista because mine doesn't allow me to do what I want.

I also have microsoft office 2003 and ACDsee 6

4. Hughv

Hughv

Any program that can crop by size can do this.
    Divide the image into 4 equal parts, save them and then print.
    Remember, there is a limit to how large you can make a bitmap image without losing resolution.
    http://www.getpaint.net/

http://www.gimp.org/

5. Dowlinggram

That's exactly what I want to divide the image into 4 equal pieces But I couldn't do that with the programs I have now. Can I do it with one of these programs? I'm not worried about clarity. Most of what I'm using is black and white or put in gray scale. All I what is the outline of what I've drawn or is in the photo. It will go on my canvas to paint

6. Hughv

Hughv

In Paint.net you can use the rectangle select tool and select the "Fixed Size option.
    Save that to a layer or a new image and repeat.
    The GIMP has a similar option.

7. Dowlinggram

Thanks so much!! I will keep that in mind and might just download one of them. I discovered by fooling around that I can do it with my printer by clicking landscape and poster size on page setup after I resize.

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

I believe that XP also does that by default, just like Vista. But because your file association has been changed for images, you don't get the photo printing options that XP normally has. By default, pictures open in XP's own viewer and not any program. When you send images to be printed in XP, the options for multiple copies on a page pop up, as well as that for fitting the image to a page size.

9. Dowlinggram

Thanks everyone for your input. I discovered by accident that I could divide and make copies with my printer, so my problem is solved

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice