1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: windowsxp,ibm pc camera, labtec headset

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by breezie, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. breezie

breezie Thread Starter

I have upgraded my pc from Windows Me to Windows XP. Everything seems to be going OK. but I cant get my IBM pc camera software installed or my labtec headset. How would I go about this?:(

2. GentsBabe

GentsBabe

Have you tried 'cheating' and plugging in your camera and headset while your computer is off so that it'll detect new hardware when it boots back up? You could also try Search for new hardware too if it doesn't detect it right away.

3. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Try this site:

Don't let the site name scare you, it's excellent help

http://www.camerahacker.com/WebCam/IBM_PC_Camera.shtml

I've done this and it does work. I installed the software for win2000 first, as it is closer than win98's to XP.

I didn't get any errors, following the steps at that site above will install the camera correctly.

I have an IBM pc camera, it had a rough time with win98se, fully updated, good USB...it worked very well on ME though it does not have the best graphics quality compared to some other low cost cams I've used....it works the BEST on XP!

Attached is a snap with mine.

Oops, I forgot about the headset question... doesn't work when plugged into the microphone and headset ports? It should. I have a Labtec C-315L headset. Black and Red plugs, Red=microphone and Black=headset sound. Usually using the speaker port works, but some computers have the headset one on the front these days....

Sometimes the 3 ports on the sound card or motherboard panel are not labeled so well, do you have it plugged into the right port? Green usually is sound out to speakers, blue is sound in, on mine pinkish red is microphone. Your ports may vary or not be color coded at all.

Attached Files:

4. breezie

breezie Thread Starter

Thank-you, everything works great now.

5. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Very welcome! I will mark this thread solved. Next time, you can, by using the Thread Tools button at the top of the page.(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437128

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice