1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WinMe: If You Were an Honest Purveyor of RAM...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by aarhus2004, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aarhus2004

aarhus2004 Gone but always remembered Thread Starter

And I came into your store saying I wished to purchase:

512 MB PC133 SDRAM (3.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)

would you require to know its

Total Width 72-bit and its Data Width 64-bit and that it is

Synchronous and would you ask whether I wanted

4-Chip or 8-chip?

and is there anything I have missed?

Thanks.

2. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy aarhus2004...

What I ask when people want to purchase memory is...

Who is the manufacture of the pc ?

What model # is it ?

If it isn't a name brad ( ie: home built )...

Do you know what type/model of motherboard do you have ?

Because it all depends on the type of motherboard ( ie: what company made it and the model # it is ), as to what memory it can take...

3. aarhus2004

Supra. (Defunct now) Asus P3V4X (4 Slots DIMM).

Thanks for responding, Jedi_Master.

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

5. aarhus2004

Thanks for the link.

6. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

When I wanted RAM I took out the existing module and looked at the Micron Serial number, matched the number on the Crucial web site, and proceeded from there.

And that was all I had to do.

Not quite as interesting as working with two V-18 9000 BHP Marine engines with two turbo-chargers per bank and four valves per head. Four V8 generators and all of the associated engine room equipment, breaking ice up the Gulf of St. Lawrence in winter and voyaging around the Great Lakes in summer, which I found to be far more rewarding.

7. aarhus2004

As far as what details I need to take, with cash in hand, to my friendly neighbourhood computer store, and hopefully not appear to be a complete idiot, I am resigned to so appearing. It could take me several journeys. Never-mind.

There is something in my old head which says "oil and water don't mix" But I never believed it, unless something insisted I go deep down to sort out this or that. I even worked my passage as a greaser once. I had some fun which included carrying the beer for the lads in a bucket - and drinking it with them. But I was a decky thru and thru. Into sights of all highly visible celestial objects; especially the nurses who danced away the nights with both 'upers and downers' - that's stairs for the landlubbers - companionways for a fellow salt.

Cheers, RAM-PAGE.

8. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

When you mix oil and water you get an emulsion. So they do mix. A greaser on my watch stopped me from choking on a segment of grapefruit by applying the 'whatever' manouever.

Are those same nurses still there at Hope Hospital? I wonder?

I would just make a note of your computer's make and model, and take the existing RAM module with you. Or put the computer's make and model into the Crucial search engine and see what it comes up with.

CPU-Z will help you find out about your mainboard and, if you can find the mainboard manual on the 'net as I did, it will let you know how much RAM you can use.

Take a look at the PDF file on the link below.

Cheers! (y)

9. ti-gris

ti-gris

aarhus2004
    Ben how are you?
    Paul

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice