1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Winxp Pro installation problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MARK1, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MARK1

MARK1 Thread Starter

Hello All,

I am trying to install winxp, i already formatted and partitioned the hdd with winxp blue screen. But during the installation approximately when it arrive's at 34 minutes remaining, my computer it's like goes in hibernation. It's like the PC is about to restart again, and that's it I have to switch off the PC.
    Is there anyone who can help me with this problem.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

That is usually an indication that the installation encountered a hardware it did not expect. Did you disconnect all external perhiphals except keyboard, mouse and monitor . . and be sure those are not USB.

It can also be faulty memory.

wrs

3. MARK1

MARK1 Thread Starter

Actually the only perhiphals install which i have are the mouse keyboard and monitor. Do you think if i install windows 2000 first and than upgrade to winxp pro it will work.

Mark1

4. Old Rich

Old Rich

And the mouse/keyboard is not USB? . . have you checked your memory . . XP actually first copies files to memory then starts the installation from there . . if there is a weakness in the memory, you could get that error.

Did you delete and then recreate new partitions? . .

Most upgrades do not end well . . but since 2000 is a close cousin to XP, that it should work better than from a Win9X upgrade.

5. MARK1

MARK1 Thread Starter

hi again
    Succsefully i have installed win 2000, and than tried to upgrade to winxp but i am having the same results. After I changed also the ram but again I had the same result.
    Anyone can help me please.

Mark1

6. Old Rich

Old Rich

Sounds like that XP disc is flawed . . dirty or scratched . . is it an original or copy?

wrs

7. mfinnell

mfinnell

Info for all,All CDs have 2 places in the drive or in the jacket never,never,never on the desk loose.
    If you ever touch the shiny side use Alcohol or Windex and a cotton ball.

X being the Mathamatical factor of the Unknown and Spurt being a big drip under pressure then I am about as XSpurt as anyone

8. MARK1

MARK1 Thread Starter

Hi to all
    i have changed the graphic card and all it worked, i have installed winxp finally. But when i replaced the graphic card to the old one i am having the same result again. So i think it could be one of two things, one it could be that the graphic card is faulty or two it could be that i need to update the driver of the graphic card for winxp. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks
    Mark1

9. Old Rich

Old Rich

If that was an ATI video card, new XP compatble drivers are available on their website

wrs

10. MARK1

MARK1 Thread Starter

Hi again
    Finally I have solved the problem as I have updated the graphic card driver. After all it was just the vga card which caused me all these problems.
    Thanks to all.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276421

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice