1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless adapt can't connect to network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by msdfr13, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msdfr13

msdfr13 Thread Starter

I recently purchased the Linksys E3000 router. My old network set up had been 100% wired, but with the new router we have converted to wireless on some of the internet capable devices. I have 2 pc's side by side in separate room from the router that we purchased wireless adapters for, the Linksys AE1000. One pc set up fine and accesses the internet with no issues. The second pc cannot connect the network. It sees the network with a good signal strength, but it times out when trying to connect.

I called tech support and have been through a variety of things with them to no avail so far.

Both of these pc's are running Windows XP SP3. On the one that won't connect, have already confirmed in device manager that the adapter is correctly installed. I uninstalled it, rebooted, reinstalled it anyway with no luck. With tech support already tried disabling the 5ghz band and changing the channel on the 2.4ghz band to 11.

I have confirmed several times I am entering the password in correctly, and I did pay attention to case sensitivity. I have also tried entering the passwork through the Windows Wireless Network Connection manager directly.

When I run ipconfig/all, it says under Media State: Media Disconnected.

I reset both TCP/IP and Winsock, still have the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. msdfr13

msdfr13 Thread Starter

YAY....I fixed it. There was an error message on the USB port that said the drivers needed to be reinstalled. Did that, and after a couple of attempts, it works now.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for letting us know - you can mark solved - button at top of your first post

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice