1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless adapter problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aecvizpro, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aecvizpro

aecvizpro Thread Starter

I have a Gigafast WF721-AEX card installed in a Dell Latitude XPi CD laptop.

80 MB ram
    166 mhz processor

The card will work and get me online for a while, then it freezes. The mouse freezes. If I eject the card, then the computer comes alive again.

I've installed the latest drivers / software for the card, and it still happens.

Any ideas ?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Those specs are below the minimum required to run Windows XP. I'm not surprised that adding anything causes it to freeze.

3. aecvizpro

aecvizpro Thread Starter

Not running XP. Running 98SE

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This is why it's helpful to include details of the configuration in your query. :)

You're pretty low on memory, even for W98. Have you monitored system resources while you work to see if they're dropping as you work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice