1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: wireless card question

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by XxShadowGhostxX, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XxShadowGhostxX

XxShadowGhostxX Thread Starter

Im running windows 7 home edition
    intel core i3 dual core
    4gb ram
    satellite toshiba L745-S4310

Hi.I seem to be having a little issue here.I dont know if my wireless card supports 802.11n.It does not say anything in the wireless/advanced properties about it.My radio type through the router is using 802.11n,but how do i know if my wireless card is set to use 802.11n,if it even supports it? It does not show it.My wireless card is a "Atheros AR9002WB-1NG".If it does support it,how do i know if it is using it? I have read on a few different sites that it does not always show it.I just want to be sure that my wireless card and router are on the same page for optimal performance.Thankyou

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Press the Windows flag key + R and in the Run open field type: cmd (press enter)
    In the command prompt type: netsh wlan show interface (press enter)
    Look at the "Radio Type"
    The AR9002WB-1NG does support N standard.

3. XxShadowGhostxX

XxShadowGhostxX Thread Starter

well that was simple enough and to the point.Thankyou so much for the info.It is much apprciated :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!