1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless Configuration Error Message

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MsMBA, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MsMBA

MsMBA Thread Starter

Browser: IE 9
    Computer: Dell Studio 1745

I am receiving an error message window titled "Wireless Configuration" with the following message:

"OLE initialization failed. Make sure that the OLE libraries are the correct version."

I cannot find anything about updating OLE libraries in Windows 7. I have not installed any new software, and my computer is barely 2 years old. I do not find it a coinicidence that my free Dell tech support expired last month, and now I'm having issues with the Dell wireless card.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

2. fel1x

fel1x

try a system restore

start type system restore go back to before this happened , if it works post back so we can look at the cause,pretty sure the dell support is not the reason , i always remove it anyhow

3. MsMBA

MsMBA Thread Starter

It just started doing this about 18 hours ago. Is a system restore my only option? If my OLE libraries are out of date, I would rather update them....is that an option? If so, how would I do it? Thanks.

4. fel1x

fel1x

5. MsMBA

MsMBA Thread Starter

Under Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Recovery, when I click on the Open System Restore button, it will not open -- the Wireless Configuration window pops up instead.

I thought I have Auto Update Windows enabled -- I will check and run a manual update and see if that corrects whatever the issue is with the OLE libraries. I'll post the results.

6. MsMBA

MsMBA Thread Starter

I have 3 optional updates: Intel storage, Realtek, and Windows definitions. When I click on Install Updates button, the error message pops up and will not install the updates.

I am going to try to connect directly to my broadband connection and see if I can bypass using the wireless card so I can install the updates and/or do a system recovery.

7. MsMBA

MsMBA Thread Starter

Problem solved when I got off the wireless internet connection. I had to pull the battery and disconnect the power cable to restart the computer after all the wondwos froze, but I was eventually able to update windows which solved the issues.

Editing to add I did run hardware diagnostics on the wireless Dell card, and it passed all 5 tests.

Thanks for the help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice