1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless Home Network

Discussion in 'Networking' started by joe_robot, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe_robot

joe_robot Thread Starter

Is it normal that you pick up the signal better in different rooms of the house, in my room the connection speed is 54Mbps, but in my living room (just down the hall) its 11mbps, and in my kitchen (right next to my room) the connections none existent.

The wireless router is above us upstairs (where the main PC is).

Any help or advice on how to improve this would be appreciated.

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Joe;It has been my experience that your signal strength can vary from room to room.When I had my laptop connected via wireless connection in one room,my connection strength was weak.I moved it into another room about 20 feet closer to the router,and the signal strength is now consistently excellent.
    The other thing you could try,if possible change the channel you are using to communicate wirelessly.This is normally done from the router's admin /setup page.

3. joe_robot

joe_robot Thread Starter

cheers for the reply, im always the same, think that it must be something im doing thats affecting it.

Well considering when im in my living room, im mainly just talking on msn, so 11mbps is a fair connection.

Cheers.

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

Joe:11mbps is a very good speed,indeed.
    When you get a chance,please go to thread tools and mark this one solved.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541472

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice