1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless internet cuts out when phone rings

Discussion in 'Networking' started by big_unit, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. big_unit

big_unit Thread Starter

Hi:confused:
    ok i have a Wireless/Wired modem/router i have my playstation 3 slim up stairs and it has built in wifi and when the phone rings (its a wireless phone with 2 hand sets) it the cuts my wifi out untill u hag the phone up (even if u don't answer the phone) its a real pain in the @$$ when im online gaming is there any way to fix this i have a filter/splitter that splits the line to my phone and modem i have adsl broadband

and my wired internet on my pc stays fine

let me no if/how i can fix this

2. sunnyeagle

sunnyeagle

You need to get into your modem settings and change the setting to either a 1 or 11. Look at your modem info and find the setting that changes the wireless interference. I cannot remember what the setting is called, but sure someone here will remember.

3. big_unit

big_unit Thread Starter

hay im new to this stuff only no the basics i dont no how to get in my modems setings

4. big_unit

big_unit Thread Starter

ok i got in my wireless access point and it will let me change the channel it was on 1 ill try puting it to 11 and ill get back to us with the results

5. sunnyeagle

sunnyeagle

Glad you figured it out. If only I could remember that is called channel settings, I would be better help. Yes I know that it is not common to get into the modem settings, but once you learn how you can configure your settings you will be ahead of the game. Each modem has their own setup. So if you did not get a book on it, you got to google it and follow the manual on how to do it.

6. big_unit

big_unit Thread Starter

fixed thanks

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/863172

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice