1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TJ12, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TJ12

TJ12 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I'm having this problem with my hp pavilion dv500. After about 5 minutes the wireless internet cuts out. The wireless internet connection is still enabled but it says not connected and anything that has to do with the internet does not work. If I restart the computer the internet will be fine for about 5 minutes then it will cut out again. I tried disabling the firewall and upgrading router firmware but neither have worked. My desktop computer's internet works perfectly fine.

Windows XP
    Comcast
    Netgear WGR614 v6 router

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. s.haulk

s.haulk

Make sure that your other wireless devices are not operating on the same frequency. Most wifi products use 2.4ghz like your cell phone, cordless phone, and wifi router. Also see if you can ping out because it might be your browser. Also check to see if your email works.

3. TJ12

TJ12 Thread Starter

No, I cannot ping out to anywhere. The wireless internet did work fine until about a week ago. It just randomly started to cut out after about 5 minutes.

Thanks for your help, anymore answers would be great.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What wireless utility do you use? Are you sure no other one is running?

5. TJ12

TJ12 Thread Starter

My sister must have somehow enabled windows xp wireless utility as long as the laptop's utility...
    But now it's working fine so thanks a lot TerryNet :)

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the first page of the thread in the upper left corner.© :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice