1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless keyboard won't connect to (3) iPhone 4's

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by cuttlefish, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    OK, I bought a new Kaiser Baas mini wireless keyboard last week to use on my iPhone 4. ($50.00)

Cranked up the new mini keyboard, it was recognized by iPhone 4 Bluetooth, did the pairing thingo and after I typed in the four digit code to activate it - it worked like a charm. Could happily use it to type on iPhome 4 (one) and a happy black duck.

I then decided to also put it on iPhone 4 (two) and nothing - no way it would recognize the keyboard - just kept searching.

Tried iPhone 4 (three) - same thing.

Dragged out my old reliable iPhone 3GS and wham, instant connection and useability straight off.

Went to my neighbour and tried it on his new iPhone 4, nothing. Keyboard wouldn't even looked at it, so that is now four iPhone 4's that will not pick it up by Bluetooth.

I did a bit of Googling and found one hint that said "once the initial 4-digit activation code is typed on the keyboard you don't get any more chances." Seems it is a one-shot connection only.

Did the sensible thing - finally - got onto Kaiser Bass in Oz who were very good but assured me the keyboard would connect to any number of devices so obviously my problem. Surprise surprise! The Techie assured me that they had also tried it on their own iPhone 4's in the officer and no problems.

I then did all the high tech troubleshooting such as duh, new batteries in the keyboard, turned ther iphone 4's off and on, shook them all, looked at them for quite a long time, walked away, changed their locations all over the house, came back - nothing!

So question is why does the keyboard connect to the old 3GS phone so well but won't look at the four iPhone 4's???

So main query how come it worked the one and only time immediately after I bought it and after I connected it to iPhone 4 (one) and subsequently again later on on the old 3GS?????

How can I kill the brain of the keyboard and maybe make it forget the "codes" so it will start afresh?

Really got me and the manufacturers this one .................

Thanks folks!

2. cuttlefish

cuttlefish Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ian
    One for the books, just kept at it and at it and after an incredible 21 times, voila, connected fine!

Have no idea how it fixed but makes me a bit suspect bthat the iPhone 4 is nowhere as good as the old 3GS..........

Never mind, all OK now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice