Solved: wireless mouse - compatible with windows 7 ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

walkertwotone

mark
my daughter got me a wireless mouse for xmas, a usb version. you dont get instructions with it but hey i thought simple just plug the usb into my pc and away i go, wrong.

i plug the usb in and it said something like found drivers etc but i just cant get it to work,

this is what it says on the header card that it was attached to.

version - USB

variable resolution - 20dpi-6400 dpi

hardware resolution - 800dpi

technology - optical sensor

system requirements - windows 2000/me/xp/vista mac OS 8.6 or later

IT DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT WINDOWS 7 maybe this is the problem as i am running windows 7

any thoughts please ?

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
If it works with Vista, it should work with Windows 7. But you need the correct drivers, depending on whether your Windows installation is 32-bit or 64-bit. What is the manufacturer and model for the mouse?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Besides providing the information that Frank4d requested, check the mouse and the USB receiver for a tiny button that may need to be pressed to activate a connection signal between the two.

----------------------------------------------------------------

walkertwotone

mark
i have 64 bit. the mouse does not say who the manufacturer is, it is a manchester united mouse manufactured and distributed in the uk under licence by pied piper, the other info on the card says the following:

fits either hand
27mhz radio frequency design provides free wireless use with comfort
compact design,reciever stored in the mouse itself
perfect for lap top users
pc/mac compatable

it does have a little button on the bottom which i have pushed but still no joy, the actual USB stick slots into the body of the mouse.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If it was a Microsoft or Logitech model, it would be labeled on the bottom and would come with a driver software CD and would have an on-line support site.

It appears to be an off-brand or generic model with no documentation and driver software CD, so I'm unable to assist you further.

Hopefully, someone who is familiar with that wireless mouse will be able to assist you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

walkertwotone

mark
thanks flavallee for trying.

Frank4d,

vendor id - 062A

device id - HID human interface device

hope this help to take me to the next level.

walkertwotone

mark
i will take the mouse to my work next week and see if it works on my works pc that uses vista.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Thanks for the link. I didn't know that Creative Labs made mice. I assumed it only made audio devices.

----------------------------------------------------------------

walkertwotone

mark
i could not get it to work on my works pc either so i will send it back and hope for a refund.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online