1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless Network card for Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by c4063a2, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. c4063a2

c4063a2 Account Closed Thread Starter

Hey Guys,
    Wondering if someone can help. After reinstalling Windows from scratch, I'm trying to install the Belkin Wireless G Plus desktop card. When I boot up the PC, it recognizes the new hardware, so when I try to install the software the Wizard prompts me for the BCMWL5.SYS file but it's nowwhere to be found. When I insert the install CD, it doesn't find it there either. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks.

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya.have you put your belkin install cd in,then go to my computer and double-click the drive it is in and select explore,go to the drivers folder and select the xp driver and install

3. c4063a2

c4063a2 Account Closed Thread Starter

Thanks Huggie54, that seems to have done the trick.

4. huggie54

huggie54

Glad your up and running,g/luck Huggie54

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice