1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless network suddenly disappeared

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ArlenYung, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ArlenYung

ArlenYung Thread Starter

Hi there, I have a laptop which has always connected to this wireless network fine until yesterday. The wireless network seemed to suddenly just disappear. There are three other laptops in the house which can still detect that wireless network and connect to it except that one now. I have restarted that laptop and the network reappeared and it connected. But when it was restarted again, the network showed just for a minute or so and the laptop cannot connect and then the network disappears. I've restarted it many times now and it just shows the network for a brief moment, trys to connect and then the network disappears.

This is the info for the laptop:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2998 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1275 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 293422 MB, Free - 248128 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
    Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I'm not sure what to do. Can someone please help me out, thank you in advance.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can we see a screen shot from inSSIDer and click on timegraph and just select your wireless signal

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run inSSIDer wifi scanner
    http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. ArlenYung

ArlenYung Thread Starter

srymom.png

Arlen.png

I have taken a screen shot of the laptop which cannot detect the network and a screen shot of this laptop which is on the network using the programme. The network wanted is TNCAP3746B3

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your on channel 13 along with a few others

and all channel 13's appear to disappear

log into the router and change the wireless to use channel 1 - see if the wireless now disappears at all

US are not allowed to use channel 13 or 14 - so maybe something going on there on the laptop - I see you are in new zealand - so 13 should be OK

5. ArlenYung

ArlenYung Thread Starter

Your suggestion worked, thank you. I've learnt more about wireless networking now. Thank you again.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thats quite strange you have the intermittent issue - but you would get interference anyway from the ch13 signals

(y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice