Solved: Wireless Networking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TBaker14

OK...here's my situation. At home, I have a wireless network set up for my3 computers. At work, we have a network set up for our 3-4 computers also. I use a laptop for work, but I bring it home at nights.

At work, my computer is part of the "WORKGROUP" network. But my home network is "something else" network. I want to be able to have access to both networks depending on where I am. I want to be able to access my shared folders at home.

How can I do this.

Also, I have my printer (HP CP2025dn) hooked up to my router (Netgear WNDR3800). I thought that this would just bypass the whole network thing and make it available when I connect wirelessly to my router...but my laptop can't find the printer.

Thoughts?

TBaker14

etaf

First Name
Wayne
why not use the same workgroup name at home

etaf

First Name
Wayne
Would that work?
should do , some years ago, I had a work PC and to get it to work I used the domain name and set up my home workgroup to the same name as the work domain and that seemed to work and allow access

if you are logging into work from home using a VPN service, and still want to access your home network - than that's a different story

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
I agree that just using the same workgroup name is the easiest solution, but you don't need to have all computers in the same workgroup for file sharing. Workgroup(s) just make some things more convenient.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online