Solved: Wireless printer issue.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joehcet

I have a Lexmark x4690 wireless printer which is on my home network. It shows up as my default printer but offline only. When I put it online it says it can't communicate. The green light is on, meaning it is connected to my network. I misplaced the cd that came with it where you would install it on any computer you wish to have connected. I can't find it online. Is there a way to connect without that cd?

Well,if the drivers have been corrupted,probably not unless the Lexmark site has down loadable drivers for your model.
You could try to manually add the printer(add hardware/printer).That entry would show as a dup for your existing entry,but that profile might work.
Did this ever work?If so,what changed ?

joehcet

Thanks for the help guys but i'm giving up on it. I was able to get the software and it seemed all was good it said it was done printer on the network no problem but still won't communicate. I'll just plug in when I need to print.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online