1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Nicartos, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nicartos

Nicartos Thread Starter

I just installed XP on my computer, and when I went to set up the wireless network, there wasn't an option! All it had in network connections was an option for the 1394 connection. What gives?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    My guess would be that you did not install the chipset and/or networking drivers.

Does the PC have an integrated wireless adapter? Have you installed all the correct drivers from your Drivers CD or from the PC manufacturer's web site?

Have you checked in Device Manager to see whether it thinks you have any missing drivers?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.

1. Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
    2. Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
    3. Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

4. Nicartos

Nicartos Thread Starter

EDIT: Never mind! Managed to get it to work. Just took me a while to figure out the drivers.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Please mark this 'Solved' using the Thread Tools at the upper right.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice