1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: wireless router question

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rubeckf, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    I have a netgear WGT624v3 that I bought to install in a friend's computer. After I already ordered it and pd for it she decided she didn't want it. I have one on this computer just like it only a v2. I like the looks of this one better and was going to change it out. Will I run into problems doing this? I didn't install the current one. A friend did it for me several yrs ago. Should I just follow the instructions as if I were installing an entirely new one or what? Thanks for any help.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Yep, pretend you have a new router, because you do! :D

You might take screen shots of all the configuration pages in the old one before unconnecting it, that will allow you to see what worked and didn't work for you. :)

3. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    This one doesn't have a CD with it to go by, but I went online and got the instructions.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you get it all working?

5. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    No, John, I got a bad headache and gave it up last night. I have some errands to run today and then I will probably tackle it. Thanks for checking. If I have problems I will be running to you for more help. If I just map out where all the cables are on this one I think I can do it ok.

6. rubeckf

rubeckf Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ruth
    I decided to wait and do this at another time in case I have problems. I have a lot going on right now at home. I will close this one out for now. Thanks anyway!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice