Solved: wireless router question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rubeckf

Ruth
I have a netgear WGT624v3 that I bought to install in a friend's computer. After I already ordered it and pd for it she decided she didn't want it. I have one on this computer just like it only a v2. I like the looks of this one better and was going to change it out. Will I run into problems doing this? I didn't install the current one. A friend did it for me several yrs ago. Should I just follow the instructions as if I were installing an entirely new one or what? Thanks for any help.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Yep, pretend you have a new router, because you do! :D

You might take screen shots of all the configuration pages in the old one before unconnecting it, that will allow you to see what worked and didn't work for you. :)

rubeckf

Ruth
This one doesn't have a CD with it to go by, but I went online and got the instructions.

rubeckf

Ruth
No, John, I got a bad headache and gave it up last night. I have some errands to run today and then I will probably tackle it. Thanks for checking. If I have problems I will be running to you for more help. If I just map out where all the cables are on this one I think I can do it ok.

rubeckf

Ruth
I decided to wait and do this at another time in case I have problems. I have a lot going on right now at home. I will close this one out for now. Thanks anyway!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online