1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wireless Router with Wired Print Server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by LadySaye, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LadySaye

LadySaye Thread Starter

I have a Linksys wireless router connected to my cable moden. Everthing is working fine. Last night I connected a wired Linksys print server to my wireless router. Ran the software on my PC, set up was a breeze, it found the printer...no problem.

The problem, I cannot connect to the printer from either my desktop PC or my laptop. I guess the real problem is I don't know where to find the printer to connect to it. Just in case it makes a difference, the router is my network. I have my PC wired to the rounter and use the wireless feature for my laptop.

Hope this makes sense...thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Can you connect to the printer from any machine?

3. LadySaye

LadySaye Thread Starter

No I cannot connect to the printer from either my desktop or laptop computer.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have to install the printer in Printers in Control panel as a "networked printer" and the easiest way is go into the router screen (in a browser 192.168.1.1) and find the ip address of the printer and install it by Tcp/ip method.

5. bradacus

bradacus

Yep just use the 'Add Printer' wizard.

6. LadySaye

LadySaye Thread Starter

That's all it took; thank you so much. I can now print from both systems :).

Problem solved.

Thanks again,
    LadySaye

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Great we all love the easy ones!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/793568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice