Solved: Wiress connection with Verizon DSL (Westell 6100) and Pepwave signal booster?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

centsster

I'm just having such a difficult time learning about networking so wanted to ask.

I've bought Pepwave AP 200 to connect to citi-wifi service, but it was too weak for my needs. So, I ended up re-ordering Verizon DSL. I kept my modem, which is Westell 6100 (E90-610015-06, Rev. E) .

I spoke to techsupport at Verizon, and was told that I should buy a router if I want to use laptop wireless. Is there any way I can make these two work so I don't have to have ethernet cable connected all the time?? The Pepwave AP200 has only one LAN port, so the techsupport said it looks impossible. From what I know, it is not a "classic router," but I am not really sure. These links shows what the configuration screen looks like:

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/myin...ess/pepwave_surf/pepwave_surf_setup_upper.jpg

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/myin...ess/pepwave_surf/pepwave_surf_setup_lower.jpg

Is it possible?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator

centsster

Oops, I forgot to say thank you. For giving me links as well;) Urgh... yeah, it looks like I'll have to get another router.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts