1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WLM 2009 - Sign in issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SamBoy112, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamBoy112

SamBoy112 Thread Starter

Alright bit of a curly one ive checked most bases and cant really find the issue. Here goes.

When i sign in to messenger from my home network it spins and spins until it returns the infamous 8000306 cannot sign into messenger error. Then troubleshoot reports all tests were successful (except wireless and IEs offline setting are unchecked) but doesnt sign in. clicking repair changes nothing.

However last night i took my machine to a LAN and hooked up to a different network and just for ****s and giggles hit sign in .. and like clockwork it worked without a hitch.

I return home today only to have the same problem on my network. leads me to believe it isnt the host machines fault but has to be the network config... but troubleshoot reports the keyports arent being blocked so its not a firewall. so im all outta ideas.

Anyone got some thoughts?

2. SamBoy112

SamBoy112 Thread Starter

disconnected from the network, reset the router and reboot the machine.. really shoulda tried that before posting but it still seemed illogical. oh well the answer to all computer problems lives on... try turning it off and on again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice