1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WMP 11 options

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by bomb #21, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bomb #21

bomb #21 Thread Starter

Can I get a 2nd opinion from someone with WMP 11 please?

WMP won't let me burn (say) 2 albums to one CD, it overflows. It's as if WMP can't see the files are compressed (MP3), even tho' I've set Burn (via Tools > Options) to "Convert to 128 Kbps" as well.

That's not actually a big deal since Nero will let me do it w/no prob. However, I did want to check something I found while troubleshooting around. I found MSKB 297015, "How to copy music to and from an audio CD in Windows XP". At the end of the article is "Change audio CD copying options". And Step 2 is "On the Tools menu, click Options, and then on the Copy Music tab". Well, my WMP doesn't have a "Copy Music" tab.

So, do I have a "bad" copy of WMP or what? :confused:

TIA,
    bomb

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297015/en-us

2. bomb #21

bomb #21 Thread Starter

*bump*

3. t bone

t bone

hi

though it doesn't show it in the link you posted, when i searched for MSKB 297015 in the ms knowledgebase i found this page here on the bottom it says applies to wmp8.01 (if you don't see the "applies to" listings in my link clean up your temp. files and try link again)

i think those copy options they talk about are now located in wmp11>tools>options...rip music and burn tabs

i don't have the "copy music" tab either in wmp11
    so i guess your answer is no you don't have a bad copy of wmp11

4. bomb #21

bomb #21 Thread Starter

Dumping my temp files did nothing, but I can see the "APPLIES TO" section if I save the page to my desktop, which does confirm the KB relates to WMP 8.01.

Like you, I guess the Rip/Burn tabs were added to replace the Copy tab option/functions at some point. Thanks for checking yours & setting my mind at rest, t bone. Marking this Solved. (y)

rgds,
    bomb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!