1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: WMP songs

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Nestoram29, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nestoram29

Nestoram29 Thread Starter

i got some songs off the internet, but some of them dont have song info and album artwork. Using itunes, i got missing info and album artwork i needed. i wanted to put songs on my phone so i was going to use WMP. WMP was updateing info on song but it got the wrong info (because it used the internet and not the files) so i go back to my music folder and i noticed that the info has gotten messed up again, how do i fix that, so that when i make a change to a song on itunes it changes it also the file in the original file location?

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

3. Nestoram29

that helped, sort of, but i want any changes made on itunes to be made automaticlly in the original file location. so like, lets say a song in the original file location has no name and album artwork i changed using itunes. but if i go back to the original file location it did no change whatsoever, still nameless and album artworkless

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Are you trying to use both iTunes and Windows Media Player to manage the same music library? I think you're going to continue to have problems if you do that.

5. Nestoram29

itunes to manage, WMP for downloading songs to phone cuz i dont have a iphone/ipod

6. Oddba11

Oddba11 Jim

I would say iTunes is NOT updating the mp3 tag info of the file, but is likely simply updating it's own file database. If you update the file information (ie: mp3 tag), it will be correct for any software or player that reads the file.

Spend the time to ensure all of your mp3 files are correctly tagged, and they will work in any software or hardware.

7. Nestoram29

i finally did it, thnx everyone

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063453