1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Won't restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by steveo1961, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveo1961

steveo1961 Thread Starter

How do I increase the amount of disc space for a system restore, it is now set at a maximum default 12% I assume, I am continuously receiving an incomplete message after attempting

2. norton850

norton850

There is more than one solution to the problem. You could have corrupted restore points. To "start over", open system restore and choose turn off system restore. Click OK and I think you get asked to confirm this. Exit and reboot. Go back into system restore and turn it back on. Post back if this doesn't work.

3. TechnutJay

TechnutJay

Try doing it in safe mode, that don't seem right if you have restore points and you get errors. Perhaps something running is causing the problems like Norton system works or something but if so, by going into safe mode and then trying this way, it just might work for you. This is the next step of what I would try if I was in your situation.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!