Solved: Word 2000 compatible with Vista ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cédric

Hiya all,

I'd like to know if I can install and use Word 2000 on a machine running with Vista? Is it compatible?

Thanks for your help :)

Cedric

I installed Office 2000 on a new Vista machine. When I load Word, I'm always prompted for the Office CD. Word works, but it won't remember normal.dot, even when I save it again.

Why not just copy the CD to a directory on the hard drive and install (or reinstlal) from that directory. Then you at least don't get prompted to insert it.

As far as Normal.dot, try deleting all that you find and restart Word.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can also have Office save the setup files on your disk, then it can find them whenever you use a feature that's not installed, or you do updates that require the original media.

Or just slipstream the Service Pack with your source files. Then you don't have to keep installing it separately each time. Can even re-burn a CD with all that on it. I even have it put in my product ID automatically.

Then just copy it to the hard drive and install from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online