Solved: Word 2000 Problem No Longer Shows Quik Function via Cursor

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

irainbow

Sheesh -- I can't even think how to phrase this. I'm running Word 2000 (all updates and service packs) with XP Home (SP2 + all updates). When I run the cursor over the menu icons, Word no longer gives me the quick version of what the icon's purpose is.

I have no idea what, if anything, I changed to make this disappear, but I sure miss it.

And, since I can barely describe to you what the problem is, I can't even begin to think what to look for in the index!

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks a lot, in advance.

Iris

From the Help file:

"On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Options tab.

Select or clear the Show ScreenTips on toolbars check box.
Note: When you select or clear the Show ScreenTips on toolbars check box, the setting affects all Microsoft Office programs."

HTH,
Andy

irainbow

bomb #21 said:
From the Help file:

"On the Tools menu, click Customize, and then click the Options tab.

Select or clear the Show ScreenTips on toolbars check box.
Note: When you select or clear the Show ScreenTips on toolbars check box, the setting affects all Microsoft Office programs."

HTH,
Andy
Andy -- By Jove! Your tip is the answer I sought!

Thank you so much ... I have NO idea how that got turned off -- but I sure am grateful to have it turned back on again! :eek: (I've no idea how half the features in these programs get turned off when they do ... bizarre!) :confused:

(and I sure am glad to have the Christmas smilies gone -- it felt like wearing white shoes after Labor Day! *lol*)

Have a healthy and happy new year!
Iris

irainbow said:
I have NO idea how that got turned off -- but I sure am grateful to have it turned back on again!
I've never been a subscriber to the "computers only do what you tell them to" theory -- best wishes to you too. :cool:

irainbow

bomb #21 said:
I've never been a subscriber to the "computers only do what you tell them to" theory -- best wishes to you too. :cool:
Andy,

Thanks again -- and what does "HTH" stand for?

Iris

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online