Solved: Word 2003 reverts back to Arial font in evelopes & labels..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alamal

I'm using Word 2003 and I can't get the beast to keep my return label to Garamond 8pt font and the to address of Garamond 12pt bold. It always reverts back to the Arial font in both fields. This happens on my laptop and desktop AND on a number of pc's at the school I volunteer at.
Can anyone help out as this is driving me nuts!!
May God bless,
Peter

You'll want to check out the font properties of the Style. I don't have Word 2003 so I don't know what style is automatically applied to labels. Maybe someone more knowledgeable will bump this thread.

If no one else does, I might be able to guess at it.

chris.

alamal

I'm not quite sure what you mean Chris. I change the font to anything but Arial and it changes back the next time I want to print an evelope. The same goes for both the Delivery & Return address. In the Return address it also reverts back to a 10pt. instead of the chosen 8pt.
Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated!
May God bless,
Peter

Search Word's help files for styles for some general reading on the topic.

The general idea is that word uses styles to automate every aspect of fonts. The style most commonly used is Normal and is applied every time another type of font has not been specified. Word tries to pick the style that most closely resembles the current font's format. For example, if you open a document and select bold text to begin typing, Word uses the style Normal + bold; if, however, you change the font to Arial, adjust the font point to, say, 16, and then select bold text, Word will probably apply the style Heading 1. There are styles for envelope addresses as well. You can adjust the properties of any style globally using the Style window.

In a new Word document (or in an instance of Word with no document open), from the menu bar click Format-->Style.... This will open the Style window. On the left-hand side is a list of styles. It probably seems very short at first; you will notice under the list a dropdown combo box labeled List that probably has Styles in use selected. From the dropdown, choose All styles to see all the styles available to you. Check out the styles Envelope Address and Envelope Return for some information about those styles. If you want to change their properties, click the Modify... button (which opens the Modify Style window). Click the Format... button to see the properties you can change.

Hopefully that should get you started. Post back if you need anything else.

chris.

alamal

HEY! That was it Chris!!!
I just changed it around in the return and address and it worked. Hopefully it'll stay that way. I never knew that existed.
Thanks so much and may God bless you for helping others!
Peter

Glad to help (y)

If your problem has been resolved satisfactorily, you can mark this thread Solved using theThread Tools at the top of the page.

chris.

alamal

Hey Chris, I'm having a bit of trouble getting the return address on a #10 envelope to be all the way over in the upper left hand corner. The font is great though.
Now what?
Thanks so much,
Peter

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that style of envelope. Also, I'm on holiday, so I can't really play around with the settings (don't have my office computer) to suggest a solution. I'll post back Monday (the 2nd).

chris.

Peter, I see you've marked this solved; is your more recent issue taken care of? If not, could you explain it a little better?

chris.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online