Solved: WORD 2003, strange spacing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MPeg3

I have never run across this before, but in WORD 2003, I am having a problem with 1 space between some paragraphs and 1 1/2 spaces between others in the same report. I have tried highlighting the entrie report and chosing single space, but that doesn't seem to do anything. The entire report is in Times New Roman if that helps any. Any ideas?

Thanks
Peg

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Have you tried removing any formatting that is on the page?

Select the text whose formatting you want to remove.
If the Styles and Formatting task pane (task pane: A window within an Office application that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you to use these commands while still working on your files.) is not open, click Styles and Formatting on the Formatting toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.).
Click Clear Formatting.
Microsoft Word restores the formatting to the normal style (Normal style: The default paragraph style used in documents based on the Normal template (Normal.dot).) for your document.

MPeg3

Thank you. Clearing the formatting seems to have fixed it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!