Solved: Word 2007 - Header/Footer (Link to previous)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dynamix

Hi guys,

Having a bit of trouble customising my Footer when it comes to page numbering.

I do not wish to count the front page and contents pages of my document so I would usually de-select the "Link to previous" button, but in Word 2007, the "Link to previous" button never seems to be highlighted (active) for clicking..

Therefore it is forcing all my pages to share the same header and footer as the page above...

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks guys!

Dynamix

No, not odd and even..

Left of the option to do odd even pages is the option to de-select the "link to previous" button, however my button is inactive...

Do U have any section brack, in Your document, if no, it's normal, to be so, couse it works only when there are diferrent sections!

Dynamix

I have "Page Breaks" withyin my document after each page, but no "Section breaks"..

This thing with link to previos can be used only when U have section brakes in U document
So if U don't have section brakes it normal that this option is not enabled

Go to tab PageLayout, Breaks, and choose one of the section breaks listed there!

Dynamix

HAHA! I think I have finally cracked it!!!

You're the man, thank you very much!!

2007 is confusing!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online