1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Word 2007 Macro Find + Shift

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MilwaukeeMike, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike Thread Starter

Hope I can explain my problem. I want to create a macro in Word 2007. Is it possible that within my Macro Recording that I can hit the Ctrl+F (for find) but also at the same time and before I launch the Find, to somehow indicate to hold down the shift key (in order to highlight/select everything from where I start my Find to the final spot in my document that I search for?

If this is too ambiguous or not understandable, PLEASE let me know and I'll try to restate. Here's an exact example of what I'm trying to do:

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSES:
    1. Umbilical hernia.
    2. Need for intraoperative mesh.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSES:

So my macro will enable me to start from the second heading right after the colon. Then record macro with a Find (up) to the : at the first heading, then Find with/shift key-select (down) to copy 1 and 2, and then paste them to the second heading.

I can figure out all the intricate ways to do that EXCEPT I can't figure out how to within the macro, enter Find+Shift (select)

Thanks for reading and for any thoughts, suggestions, etc.

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike Thread Starter

Well, I figured out my own question. The answer is that I simply have to first hit the F8 key, which "turns on" the select function. Then I can hit the Ctrl+F (search/find) key and enter the place to where I want to find, and it not only goes to that place, but also at the same time selects/highlights everything from starting point of Find to the finish point.

So that's exactly what I needed to do, and F8 was the answer I was looking for. Hope this helps someone else as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147517

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice