1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Word 7 Documents Locked

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by spotkittycat, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spotkittycat

spotkittycat Thread Starter

One day, I went to my employment documents to find ALL of them where locked by Word 7. I have been able to open them in Works but I rather use Word (favorite). If not, will have to use Works:confused:. Any suggestions?

Michelle

2. pip22

pip22

It could be because you have not activated your Microsoft Office software.

Or because you have an expired trial version of Office (which Word is part of).
    Trial versions of Office come pre-installed when the PC is new. It's not built-in to Windows, so you only get a trial version of it.
    When the trial period expires, editing or creating new Office documents with it is blocked.
    What happens if you start Word and click on Help >> Activate Product?

If you are already activated, a dialog box saying so
    will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation Wizard will
    start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box will prompt
    you to enter a valid product key or purchase a key online."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974700

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice