1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{SOLVED} Word 97: Macro icon in toolbar

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ksuwyldkat, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ksuwyldkat

ksuwyldkat Thread Starter

I created a icon in the tool bar in Word 97 and now cannot seem to be able to delete the icon. I have deleted the macro, but the icon is still showing on the tool bar. Anyone know where to delete this?

2. RandyG

RandyG

right-click the toolbar and select customise. When the customise box opens up, just click and drag the offending icon off the toolbar and into the customise box.

That should do it.

3. ksuwyldkat

Good riddance to bad icons. Thanks for the help. I tried but could not make it go away. My searches kept coming up with how to add icons.

4. RandyG

RandyG

Does that mean you were able to remove it, or not?:confused:

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You don't need to open the customize box, just hold the Alt key down and drag the toolbar button off your toolbar into the document area.

6. ksuwyldkat

Thanks RandyG, yes your suggestion worked. I also was able to use dreamboats suggestion as well. As always excellent work to both of you.

7. RandyG

RandyG

Great, glad that was all that was needed!

DB - Thanx for the hint about the Alt drag!;)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice