{SOLVED} Word 97: Macro icon in toolbar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ksuwyldkat

I created a icon in the tool bar in Word 97 and now cannot seem to be able to delete the icon. I have deleted the macro, but the icon is still showing on the tool bar. Anyone know where to delete this?

right-click the toolbar and select customise. When the customise box opens up, just click and drag the offending icon off the toolbar and into the customise box.

That should do it.

ksuwyldkat

Good riddance to bad icons. Thanks for the help. I tried but could not make it go away. My searches kept coming up with how to add icons.

Anne Troy

Anne
You don't need to open the customize box, just hold the Alt key down and drag the toolbar button off your toolbar into the document area.

ksuwyldkat

Thanks RandyG, yes your suggestion worked. I also was able to use dreamboats suggestion as well. As always excellent work to both of you.

Great, glad that was all that was needed!

DB - Thanx for the hint about the Alt drag!;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online