1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Word documents printing with blank space at the top

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lovenotwar, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lovenotwar

lovenotwar Thread Starter

Hi,
    When I am working on, or print-previewing my documents on Word, they look normal. Once I go to print, they show up with a large blank area at the top (maybe 1 & a half inches or so). I checked my "header" and "margin" settings, but they seem to be normal... it's just the printed document that is off, the document looks fine when I'm viewing it on the computer. Could this be a problem with my printing settings or other in Word, or is it a printer problem instead?
    Thanks alot!

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Is it possible you have the printer setup somehow set to an odd paper size? I sometimes have issues like that when I try to print a document that was created in the UK.

3. lovenotwar

lovenotwar Thread Starter

THANK YOU! That is exactly it. It was set to "letter" instead of "legal" size paper... I hadn't changed it for a particular document, but may have clicked it accidently while trying to adjust something else... thank you :)

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice