Solved: Word Fractions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chalky

I can use auto format in Word 2000 for smileys etc… ® © ½ ¾ ¾ … but cannot work out how to type… eighths sixths etc…1/8 5/6...does anyone know of a way to do this…

I have looked at ‘Insert object but do not have MS Equation Editor…just MS Equation 3.0… :confused:

You can make your own if a suitable font with them in cannot be found:

Type 5/6 and then select the 5, Format - Font - Superscript.
Select the 6, Format -Font - Subscript.

Keep in a separate document and just copy and paste as needed.

Hi Chalky.

>> make your own

kiwiguy's choice of words reminded me of a fairly unknown Windows Accessories curio ; "Private Character Editor". It's present in XP, any maybe earlier ; I've never checked. To run it (if you can), Start -- Run -- "eudcedit" -- Enter. Takes about 10 minutes to get the hang of (and a lifetime to master, probly :D).

Rgds,
Andy

chalky

Thanx XL...looked for it...not on my machine though... :(

Kiwi.... (y) great...thankyou...now I know...I can just use subscript when I need to type the fractions...something else I've learnt... :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!