1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Word Fractions

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chalky, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

I can use auto format in Word 2000 for smileys etc… ® © ½ ¾ ¾ … but cannot work out how to type… eighths sixths etc…1/8 5/6...does anyone know of a way to do this…

I have looked at ‘Insert object but do not have MS Equation Editor…just MS Equation 3.0… :confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You can make your own if a suitable font with them in cannot be found:

Type 5/6 and then select the 5, Format - Font - Superscript.
    Select the 6, Format -Font - Subscript.

Keep in a separate document and just copy and paste as needed.

3. XL Guru

XL Guru

Hi Chalky.

>> make your own

kiwiguy's choice of words reminded me of a fairly unknown Windows Accessories curio ; "Private Character Editor". It's present in XP, any maybe earlier ; I've never checked. To run it (if you can), Start -- Run -- "eudcedit" -- Enter. Takes about 10 minutes to get the hang of (and a lifetime to master, probly :D).

Rgds,
    Andy

4. chalky

chalky Thread Starter

Thanx XL...looked for it...not on my machine though... :(

Kiwi.... (y) great...thankyou...now I know...I can just use subscript when I need to type the fractions...something else I've learnt... :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice