Solved: Word - mail merge data source

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shaygate

Using the wizard in Word 2002 I have created a mail merge document, by default it seems to have created the data source as an Access format file. I now want to go back and add some more names to the data file but can't seem to do so. Word will only let me select or exclude names for the merge list but not add, I don't have Access installed so can't edit it directly.

Can anybody tell me how I can add names, surely I don't have to construct a completly new file ?

Ian

shaygate

Found it ! If anybody is interested you have to open the merge list, select an entry and click on EDIT, this opens the entry form where you can select a 'NEW ENTRY' typical Microsoft to hide it away !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online