{SOLVED} Word: Mail Merge to Email Address

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Raphael

Is it possible to create an e mail merge? It would be so helpful, but I haven't yet figured out how to do it.

Thanks

Depends what you are trying to merge from. It can be done with almost all MS office apps.

Raphael

I am comfortable using either Word, Excel or Outlook. I can creat a mail merge for letters, envelopes etc., I would like to e mail all of my clients, and personalize it using mail merge.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Hi Raphael,

Email Merging is suprisingly easy in Word and if you can already do merges in Word, then you'll find this very straightforward.

Follow these steps:

1) Create your "email" in Word (just as a plain text document) and set it up as a mail merge form letter - your data source must contain a field for email address, but other than that, everything is the same as a standard merge document until you come to complete the merge.

2) From the mail merge helper, select Merge and instead of New Document in the Merge To section, choose Electronic mail.

3) Click Setup and choose the field which contains the email address and enter a subject line for your email.

4) At this point stop and breathe carefully for a minute or two. Is your "email" complete and ready to go? The next button you click will send it, so make sure you're happy before you do it. I normally recommend that people create a dummy data source which just contains their own email address so that they can test this first.

5) Click Merge.

6) Sit back and relax at the sheer majesty of it all - you've done it.

Raphael

Hey!! That's cool! You have no idea how many hours I worked trying to figure this out!
Thanks a million. :) :) :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online