1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{SOLVED} Word: Mail Merge to Email Address

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Raphael, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Is it possible to create an e mail merge? It would be so helpful, but I haven't yet figured out how to do it.

Thanks

2. Rockn

Rockn

Depends what you are trying to merge from. It can be done with almost all MS office apps.

3. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

I am comfortable using either Word, Excel or Outlook. I can creat a mail merge for letters, envelopes etc., I would like to e mail all of my clients, and personalize it using mail merge.

Thanks for your quick reply!

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

you may want to take a look at PromaSoft AutoResponder
    Email Automation ... Click here!

or possibly
    here!

Savvy :)

5. Gurnerworld

Gurnerworld

Hi Raphael,

Email Merging is suprisingly easy in Word and if you can already do merges in Word, then you'll find this very straightforward.

Follow these steps:

1) Create your "email" in Word (just as a plain text document) and set it up as a mail merge form letter - your data source must contain a field for email address, but other than that, everything is the same as a standard merge document until you come to complete the merge.

2) From the mail merge helper, select Merge and instead of New Document in the Merge To section, choose Electronic mail.

3) Click Setup and choose the field which contains the email address and enter a subject line for your email.

4) At this point stop and breathe carefully for a minute or two. Is your "email" complete and ready to go? The next button you click will send it, so make sure you're happy before you do it. I normally recommend that people create a dummy data source which just contains their own email address so that they can test this first.

5) Click Merge.

6) Sit back and relax at the sheer majesty of it all - you've done it.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Nice, Mike!

7. Gurnerworld

Gurnerworld

Praise indeed!

I am not worthy.

8. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Hey!! That's cool! You have no idea how many hours I worked trying to figure this out!
    Thanks a million. :) :) :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice