1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Word Pad

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by marysimoncraig, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marysimoncraig

marysimoncraig Thread Starter

I wonder if anyone can help me. Iam in the middle of researching my family tree. a member of my family sent me a document which is a word pad doc. but when i try to open it it Word will not do so. it says unable to open graphics conversion. can anyone help as i really would love to see this document. my family member lives in Canada and could take weeks by post. Many thanks

Mary

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

Post the file here, and someone here can verify what it is you have, and what you'll need to open it.

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

4. marysimoncraig

Hiya Chucke. I wonder if i could ask you how i post the file here, Iam not really computer literate but trying lol. Or perhaps I could give you the name of the site and see if you can open the file. it is an open site for anyone to view

I would appreciate any help you can offer on this

Many Many thanks for the reply

5. valis

valis Moderator

open office, as blackmirror noted, will open wordpad files. Plus it's free. :)

6. marysimoncraig

Thankyou all for your help especially vlackmirror and valis I took your advise and now have been able to open the document from my family in Canada. I have to say you do not realise how important this was for me to access this document quickly I cannot thank you enough.

THANKYOU

7. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Just curious, what is your operating system? I've never seen a Windows pc that didn't come with WordPad.

8. valis

valis Moderator

de nada. Glad it worked out. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice