1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Word printing question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ibm37, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

Is it possible to print say two pages (A4) on one page in word?
    i.e half the size

2. cristobal03

cristobal03

In what layout? Side-by-side? (Guessing that because A4 is a pretty common publishing size.)

In the Page Setup..., you'll probably want to change the Orientation to Landscape (under the Page Size tab), then under the Margins tab select 2 pages per sheet.

HTH

chris.

3. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

err.. I did see that setting, and when doing the print preview doubles the pages (actually from a 10 page doc to 26?) basically halfing the pages?? what I am wanting
    is to print say to docs on one page so in effect this should print 5 pages no?

4. cristobal03

cristobal03

So, you want to reduce the pages by 50% and print two of those on one sheet, yes? You might check your printer setup, some printers can also print 2 pages per sheet--on my printer it's under the Finishing tab. To get to the printer setup from Word, select File-->Print... and click the Properties button by the printer name.

HTH

chris.

[edit]
    If this works for you, keep in mind that doing it through the printer setup does just shrink the pages, so you'll want to make sure that your pages aren't halved or anything per my earlier post.
    [/edit]

5. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

Thanks for that,
    ThatÂ’s exactly what I wanted; unfortunately the printer did not have this option. Good to know though!

6. cristobal03

cristobal03

Hrm. What kind of printer have you? And do you have the latest drivers?

Egh, duh. Googled this site. I forgot all about this.

This'll sort you.

HTH

chris.

7. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

ooops..
    Sorry I must have missed that setting! (X73 by the way)

Thanks again :)
    *cool site

8. cristobal03

cristobal03

You can mark this thread solved using the Thread Tools at the top of the page if this got you set.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/402521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice