Solved: word won't copy and paste

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

abermapman

Am having a problem with Word 2000. I often copy and paste images into word, but it is now freezing the screen, I have to control,alt and delete to clear it. Sometimes it comes up that word has caused an error, and to end task. At the moment I am opening word and inserting the image, which works, but there are still some things I cannot do.

abermapman

jimr381

Jim
Is this happening in other applications as well or just MS Word? How much memory is in your computer? Have you tried "Detect and Repair" from the help menu?

abermapman

It's only in WORD, have not tired detect and repair, have 512k memory. Do you mean to try d & r through re-inserting microsoft office?
abermapman

jimr381

Jim
Actually with Word 2000 I do not recall if it has a "detect and repair." 512MB is a small amount of memory. If you are trying to paste something large with a high resolution, then that might be why you are getting an issue? Are you grabbing an image of the web your digital camera or what?

abermapman

They are images of about 300kb, something I've done on a regular basis, images of the uk census. One minute it will do it, the next it won't. The memory I have is sufficient for what I need to do
abermapman

jimr381

Jim
If it was happening in other applications then I might look into the memory. Since it is only happening in Word then I might have you reinstall Word and see if it is not corrupt.

jimr381

Jim
If he had issues with saving and maybe missing a toolbar then I would have pointed to renaming the normal.dot. I actually had thought about it but wanted him to try this out instead.

abermapman

Hi all, especially Anne, changing to abnormal.com seemed to work OK. But the page, or website that came from looks really useful, lots of good tips.
abermapman

Anne Troy

Anne
abermapman said:
Hi all, especially Anne, changing to abnormal.com seemed to work OK. But the page, or website that came from looks really useful, lots of good tips.
abermapman
Thanks! I made that website. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online