1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Wordpad realtime save

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by barncat, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barncat

barncat Thread Starter

Is there a program that will save text in wordpad as i make changes.

i lost a page when my computer froze before i saved the data...

thanks

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Nothing that I am aware of, as that would mean a save every keystroke which would seriously interfere with the operation of the program.

Wordpad is a very basic default text editor, you need a better one that supports "autosave", which would at least allow a backup to be reurrected (not of the very latest at any crash, but you can set the save period as a minute or so). Microsoft Word has the autosave feature, OpenOffice (free) may have as well.

But you should be putting the effort into diagnosing and fixing the cause of the crashes/ freezes if it is a recurrent problem rather than living with them, it is not normal.

3. barncat

barncat Thread Starter

thanks...i'll ck out those programs later.....have a bigger problem now.,,

i have always lived with quirks....and i get tired of working on things i do not understand very well and which seem unfixable....

thanks, again...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!