1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Workaround: Access Denied to Network folder /Printers

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ralphosle, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralphosle

ralphosle Thread Starter

You have experienced the headache of not been able to acces shared folders and network printer ?.

Bypass Microsoft network layer to resolve this issue that has been a headache since XP to Vista.

1) Download Hamachi from logmein.com
    This is a free vpn utility, very easy to use.
    2) Install on pc#1, create a virtual network name and password.
    Will get a static ip for this pc.
    3) on other pc's install hamachi and join the virtual network.

Every folder and printers shared will be available thru the virtual network.
    example: On pc#2 in the hamachi console right click on PC#1 and browse the shared folder, copy files etc.

To add a printer is done the same way as going thru add printer and locate on network, the diff here is that your by passing microsoft network and using your virtual network.

This resolved all the problems that I have seen in google regarding this issue. :D

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What version of Vista are you running?

3. ralphosle

ralphosle Thread Starter

This has been an issue since windows XP and also in Vista.
    My network consists of XP Home, Vista Home, Vista Premium, Vista Business.

You only need to google and you will see how many people have the same issue. In trying to help a customer using XP I ran into the same problem.
    I had to order network magic to solve that situation.

This time I wanted to solve the access denied accesing the workgroup and not being able to access shared folders/printer.

Hamachi solved this problem for me.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/717299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice