Solved: Working with Linked Databases

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

softspoken

I created a database. Now I want to put that database on a secure drive and have multiple users key information that will be stored within this database. I want the users to work within a linked copy of the main database. Can you assist me on how to accomplish this?

OBP

You do not need to "split" the database for it to work on a Secure drive.
Have you "Split it"?

softspoken

no i havent done anything yet ... i just need to know how to create a linked copy for users to work from so that they dont have the ability to go into the actual table and accidentally delete data ...

OBP

Linked tables work just the same as the tables in the database, the information can be seen and edited just the same.
But if you want to split the database goto Main Menu>Tools>Database Utilities>Database Splitter.

softspoken

Ok I split the database ... now which one would the users use.... ? bare with me I am just getting back into this lol ..

softspoken

ok nevermind .. that did exactly what i needed .. sorry for being so nieve. You have been a great help.

OBP

The users use the "front end" which should have the Queries, Forms and Reports.
Each user will need a copy on their Computer or put it with the back-end on the Secure drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online