1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Working within a form

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by softspoken, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. softspoken

softspoken Thread Starter

I have created a form within a database where users will be keying in information that will be stored. I have an issue. When they use the switchboard to access the form and they click within the first field to enter data, it switches from the little black arrow on the left to a pencil ... and it will not allow me to save the record that i keyed in on the form without clicking on the penicl first, which makes the black arrow appear again ... how do i fix this to where it stays in the data entry mode that allows the users to continue to add records .... i hope this is clear enough ...

2. OBP

OBP

When you say "and it will not allow me to save the record that i keyed in on the form without clicking on the pencil first", what happens if you go to a new or different record or close the form, it should automatically save the data.
    The users do not need to "save" any data.
    The save Icon is for saving design changes to the form.

3. softspoken

The form will be used by multiple users .... and they will be keying in multiple records ... im not using the "save icon" I am using a "Save File" command button. I also have a "Add Record" command button that clears the record once its been saved so that they can start on another record. So are you saying if I took off the Save File command button and just used the Add Record command that it would save automatically?

If not how do I deal with using the "Save File" command button without having to go and click the pencil before the record is saved?

4. OBP

OBP

Re "So are you saying if I took off the Save File command button and just used the Add Record command that it would save automatically? "
    The answer is yes, it saves automatically, give it a try.

5. softspoken

thanks that worked .. i was obviously making it harder than what it is ... thanks alot ..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914298

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice