1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Would anyone know, re. Wiredness

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by jayd, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Till recently, there was a truly wonderful web based site called Wiredness dot com.
    Easy and simple to use ... nothing to download and just made for non-tech folks like me.
    And free too.
    It was soooooo easy to resize a photo and do overlays I haven't seen anything as easy anywhere. It used a slider to resize photos. No guess work. Which is why I am writing now.

It seems to have disappeared. Would anyone have any information on this site?
    I used it a lot for quick easy resizing. Sure do miss it.:(

Or failing that, would anyone know of something similar?
    If all one needs is a simple slide type program, there isn't any need for the more involved and advanced stuff.

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Look at the first post in this section.

3. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Look at the first post in this section.
    ??

Why? It's my question but there isn't any answer.

4. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Because of this...........
    You might find something there. Then again you might not.
    http://forums.techguy.org/digital-photography-imaging/496808-look-here-first-free-photo.html

5. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Guyzer,
    Hi and much thanks for that link. Downloaded the one at top, MSFT .
    Still miss that wiredness must say. And nothing to download either.
    But this'll work too.
    Cheers
    jd

6. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    I'm glad you found something.

I did a bunch of snooping and it looks like your company of choice has bit the dust.

7. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

You seem focused on a "slider" and you don't want to install anything? It might help if you explain what you are doing with the pictures after you resize them. I use Fotosizer It's a simple program, you can drag your photos to the program and then select a preset size and they all resize at once to a location you specify.

But for strictly online, I found this one...

http://www.drpic.com/

It still doesn't have a slider, but has a nice interface and you can easily resize and do other edits...and it's all web based.

8. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Hi Z.iggy and thanks. And thanks also Guyzer.

Ziggy, to answer your question.
    When I first found Wiredness, it was like an answer to a prayer. OK, not that extreme but, to give you some idea of how advanced I am with things tech, I thought our toaster was high tech.
    So, I had a photo or two but not a bunch of em, and needed to make them smaller for photo projects I was working on. And everything I saw just looked confusing to me.
    Till I found Wiredness. Understand now I am NOT up to speed on things tech related.

Well, using web based wiredness, all I had to do was click browse and choose the photo I wanted to resize, it almost immediately showed up in the Wiredness box. To the left was a simple slider. Slide to the left and you could watch the photo get smaller till it was where I wanted it in size. Slide to right and it got bigger. It also had very easy to work with overlay and a few other features that were perfect for tech dummies like myself.

I like to keep things simple and easy if possible, and Wiredness was that in spades.

BTW ... ?? what's the track back window below? What does that track to?
    Cheers.
    jd

9. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

Guyzer ..
    Just looked at a few of your pix. WOW! You took those? The Heron impressive. Well, the photography was all impressive. I have a dinky little Kodak, more beginner then anything else, have taken some nice shots but nothin' to rival yours.

Sorry to learn Wiredness kaput but the other stuff will work too.

10. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I think you will like DrPic, even though there is no slider, you can reduce by percentages everytime you click eg...25% it reduces the image even more by that amount...looks pretty simple :)

where are you seeing that? I don't know what you mean?

11. jayd

jayd Thread Starter

trackback bar was at the bottom of the page I was on when I wrote last email.
    However ... I do not see it anymore.
    Thanks too for DrPic. Looks pretty good.
    Cheers

12. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Thanks for you kind words.

Take a look around the Photo Album section when you have time. There are photographers that post a lot nicer stuff than mine.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice